One interest Palestinians, Israelis and Jews share (whether or not they realise it) is to ensure that the Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign remain marginal in the movement to end Israel’s occupation of the Palestinian territories.
This is the kind of support it attracts:
“anyone who is not boycotting Israel (both economically and culturally) is supporting Ethnic Cleansing!”
After that comes a call for American tourists to boycott Scotland, pledges to boycott the United States on grounds of its support of Israel, and the wild opinion “I would NOT describe the U.S.A as a democracy”.
The claim that Israel is conducting ethnic cleansing is false, and it’s also false and vindictive to assert that opposition to the total isolation of Israel is tantamount to support of ethnic cleansing. This person is clearly disaffected to the extreme. From what I know of the SPSC, he or she fits in well there.
- Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign remembers the Holocaust by blaming Zionists
- The SPSC and the Holocaust
- What is going on in the Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign?
- What is it with the Scottish PSC?
- Scottish PSC and the Jerusalem Quartet
- Scottish PSC crows as Israelis are not boycotted but chased from Turkish basketball court
- What doesn’t motivate the SPSC
- Open antisemitism is challenging ‘antiracist’ anti-Zionism in the Palestine solidarity movement
- SPSC host Gilad Atzmon
It’s hard to know how to respond to people with these kinds of convictions and zest for conflict.
Cross-posted on Greens Engage.